Thursday, February 27, 2014

Book Club

With one month until our first ever Battle of the Books competition, my students are getting more competitive.

I was a little disappointed that a dozen of my students didn't show up for Book Club.  A few had been quite responsible and informed both myself and their team, before school, as to why they couldn't stay that day.  Others were reminded and gave rude responses (not okay, I don't like being smirked at by ten year olds).  Others simply didn't show up.  I was disappointed, but their team members were too.  We're going to do some reshuffling of groups because it's not fair to some students who are doing all of the work.  I told them they're free to change groups if they'd like, but they need to have that tough conversation with their friends about being let down.  

But I'm going to focus on the ones who were there and enjoyed the rare moment of our low numbers.  They seized the opportunity to get a little more...creative with their reading positions:





As long as they're reading, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment