Friday, November 1, 2013

My rock

My school door stopper is awful.  Absolutely awful.

I'm pretty sure it's as old as me and isn't very effective at doing the job of holding the door, you know, open.

So I asked my boyfriend to bring me home a rock and spray paint it to serve as my new door stopper.  I saw another teacher do this at school and hers has cute neon stars...but I wasn't getting that creative on something I'd most likely be stubbing my toes on. 

So he's awesome and brought it to me one day at lunch since he was nearby for his job.


Our office manager adores him so she came and told me he'd brought me my present.

The kids were excited.  A little too excited, those silly gooses, since it's a rock.

I told my principal she missed him when he popped in to bring me a rock doorstopper.

All she heard was rock and grabbed my left hand, searching for an engagement ring.

I laughed since she is like a work mom with a one track mind (marry us ladies off).  I clarified rock door stop, not rock ring.  Way less exciting.

Besides, I'd be a little annoyed if he proposed at school, during lunch time, on a Thursday.  

No comments:

Post a Comment