Sunday, November 10, 2013

FCRR

One of my absolute favorite websites for free literacy centers is FCRR.org.  Funded by the Florida Center for Reading Research, the student activities are not only broken up into grade level bands (K-1, 2-3 and 4-5), but broken into the big 5 (phonemic awareness, phonics, fluency, comprehension and vocabulary).  Furthermore, because it wasn't awesome enough, the centers are fairly straight forward, almost everything you need is included and they're organized in a logical, straightforward manner.  (What isn't included is die, pieces, etc but those are easy to find).

Plus, they're aligned to the Common Core State Standards!

These are great for reteaching standards, literacy stations and interventions.

In a perfect world, I had my centers printed on different colors of card stock to distinguish fluency from comprehension and so forth.  It started out this way...but then I ran out of card stock.

Since that organizational strategy didn't work, I stuck to printing my lower level stations (2-3) on bright yellow card stock so I'd be able to quickly differentiate without students knowing.

They're accustomed to groups getting different colored stations (so I can easily pick up the forgotten pieces & put them where they go), but they don't always realize the colors signal the different ability levels.

Happy reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment