Friday, November 15, 2013

Dialogue

In writing this week, we were working on dialogue and narrative elements.

I wasn't a huge fan of the suggested mentor text from Being a Writer (no offense! I'm just not great at following programs word for word) so I made my own lesson.

We looked at the punctuation marks within our read aloud of The Lightning Thief:


I also pulled a student up to model what this conversation would look like when performed.  Some of my students had great "brain fireworks" as to the connection between literature and plays.

From there, we did a few quick writes based on images.

The third was the Manning Brothers before a Pro Bowl game:


They did such a great job with creating their own dialogue to go along with the images!

Happy writing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment