Sunday, December 3, 2017

I tried...



With all good intentions, I set out on the Thankful November challenge.

I mapped out what I'd share each day.  Then life happened...and I really shared maybe half of what I planned to.

So, here's the rest:

Day 13: Kids. I am thankful for my niece, nephews, and friends' kids. I'd love to have my own some day.  In the mean time, thanks friends and family for procreating and letting me snuggle your kiddos. I will still pass on the diaper changing offers.

Day 14: Snack sized treats. Especially when I can get them on sale after Halloween.  

Day 15: Harry Potter universe and specifically the house of Ravenclaw.  It's a part of my childhood. I embrace my sass. 



Day 16:  My in-laws. They're generous and loving. I appreciate them.

Day 17: Younique make up. It covers my imperfections and lasts ALL day.

Day 19: Dr. Teal's Bubble Bath. It creates great foam bubbles and the large bottles are only $5.  Plus they're available at Target.



Day 20: The dollar spot at Target.  Okay, it's more like the $3 spot, but still. I found these cute cards for my students:


Day 21: Okay, Target in general.  I do my grocery shopping there. A bulk of my teacher wardrobe comes from there. I find most of our house decor from there. It's my happy place.

Day 22: Mr. Sketch Markers.  These are my go to markers for making anchor charts. I don't share them with students. I'm not ashamed of this choice.

Day 23: Candles.  Specifically the {DW} brand I've found recently at Marshalls & TJ Maxx. They are extremely fragrant and the scent lasts the entire duration of the candle.  Sometimes some candle brands are fragrant for the first or second use, but then lose their scent.  Not these!  They come in pretty jars and have pineapple scented ones.

Day 24: My students.  Fifth grade was wonderful, but I'm really loving third grade.  There are less students, which means I can better reach each of their individual needs.  They are still little kids and with that comes a sweet innocence.  They all believe in Santa. They believe they can be anything they want. They aren't jaded or hormonal and still love learning.

Day 25: Best friends.

Day 26: Craft time.  Especially when other people are paying for the materials.

Day 27: Sunshine Committee.  I am in charge of showers (baby & wedding ones) at work. I get to decorate and make things pretty.

Day 28: Naps.



Day 29: Girls Nights. Sometimes we get dressed up and go out dancing. Sometimes we go to dinner and a movie. Sometimes we paint and drink wine.  Sometimes we make gingerbread houses:



Day 30:  Second chances.  I didn't do so well with following through on the November challenge.  Luckily December started and with it, Elf on the Shelf (for the classroom).

No comments:

Post a Comment