Tuesday, November 21, 2017

eleven


 eleven: My husband

A  year in, that still feels weird to say.  

He makes every day better.  He's not perfect, but neither am I.  He's my favorite person to tackle all of life's adventures with, whether it's navigating the grocery store right before a holiday, tackling home improvement projects, or frantically finishing a show on Netflix before it goes off line, I'm grateful for my rock.



He helps me laugh at things and not take everything so seriously.  He's truly the opposite of me in so many important (balancing) ways, but at the end of the day, we agree on what matters.

He doesn't complete me.  I am complete as a person.  Instead, he compliments me and challenges me to be the best version of myself. He comforts me when I need it,  encourages me always, and lets me know (politely) when he thinks I'm wrong (on the rare occasion it happens).

I'm thankful for a friend's birthday party that brought us together.  I'm thankful for the relationship we've built together over the past (almost) five years.  I'm thankful we got through the first year of marriage! I'm thankful that the adventure continues and the best is yet to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment