Monday, November 10, 2014

Ugh, why?

Today is "family day" in my district.  Since we have off tomorrow (Veteran's Day), the school district decided to give us the day off as well since many students wouldn't show.  To be fair, they tacked on another day at the end of the school year, so instruction remains the same.

However, my brain didn't get the memo.  I awoke promptly at five am and after tossing and turning, decided to give up and be productive.  There are no children in the picture to blame and my furballs are asleep, so this is solely my over-achieving brain's desire to conquer another day.

So before 6 am, on my day off, I've already started laundry, checked my email, and created a log to keep track of my work commitments for our new evaluation system.  Sigh.

At least I have the day off because there is without a shadow of a doubt, a 1000% chance I will be taking a nap this afternoon.

Today I am thankful for naps.

No comments:

Post a Comment