Friday, April 3, 2015

Fingers Crossed...

Today I'm taking a leap of faith.

I decided to apply to Discovery Educator Network's Summer Institute (DENSI).  I went two years ago when the institute was in Burlington, Vermont.  It was an amazing opportunity that I will hopefully get to repeat!  I didn't apply last year because we'd just bought a house and I was in the middle of remodeling the kitchen (painting all the cabinets) as well as unpacking.

Before making the decision, I called B to discuss the idea.  This summer we plan to adopt a puppy, so I wanted to make sure he'd be okay with three pets by himself for a week.

He was amazingly supportive and encouraged me to go for it.  He likened the experience to being Leslie Knope (my spirit animal) and conquering DC.  With his support, (and my best friend's and mom's), I decided to go for it!

I wrote out my application questions and am practicing my video.  My school's literacy coach is amazing and agreed to film it for me Monday morning.  I don't know how to edit videos, so I've got just one shot to make it right!

Applications are due May 1st (apply here) and I'll find out May 16th.

Will you be joining me in DC?


No comments:

Post a Comment