Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Back into the swing of things

Sometimes I feel like a hypocrite.

I love reading.  I want my students to love reading.



But sometimes, no often times, I don't make time for reading myself.  Yes, I read emails.  Yes, I read social media.  Yes, I'll flip through magazines on a regular basis.

But reading an actual book from start to finish in a timely manner? That's a rare event...and something I need to work on.

With 2017 looming right around the corner, I thought it'd be a good time to start thinking of some goals.  



By sharing them, I'm more likely to hold myself accountable and actually complete these goals.



Now, that's not a SMART goal, so let's get a little more specific. 



I'd like to tackle 17 novels in 2017, but if I get through one a month, that will suffice.

I'd like to read a mix of professional books, young adult adventures, and books that spark my interest.  Some of them will be the Battle of the Books books since that's starting up in January.

I finished The Only Thing Worse than Witches a few days ago and just posted the novel guide {here} on my TpT site.  The chronological order sort is in progress, as is the bundle guide.

Last night, I started The Hammer of Thor, the sequel to The Sword of Summer which is Rick Riordan's new Norse mythology series.



This book is January's task!

I've taken a few book suggestions from others, but need to prioritize and have the Battle of the Books ones done by the end of March.


No comments:

Post a Comment