Saturday, April 5, 2014

The Red Pyramid

One of my small groups decided to read The Red Pyramid by Rick Riordan and they are absolutely loving it so far.  I'm enjoying the subtle nods to the Percy Jackson and Heroes of Olympus series, which only add an additional layer of complexity.  I'd love for some of my small groups to read both Riordan's Greek and Egyptian gods books, then contrast the two parallel universes...but that was probably something I should have started in October if I wanted them to be successful.  Perhaps next year :)



I'm in the process of reading it as well and creating my teacher guide, which will hopefully be done by the end of the month.  Of course, it's being revised as we go since I'm developing it with my group of students, but it will be available on TpT once I'm done.

In the mean time, I found this great resource from Barnes & Noble, snag for free here!

No comments:

Post a Comment