Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Delays

I haven't been as consistent as I'd like with blogging lately.  I'm feeling worn out by work and am eagerly awaiting spring break.  While a majority of the educators across the nation have experienced this joyous ten days off, we are still a week and a half away.  Not that I'm counting, but there are 34 school days left and we still haven't had spring break.  I love my kiddos, but we need a little time away from each other.

I'm in the process of buying my first home which brings along its own set of emotions.  I'm also applying for coaching positions, so I will be moving out of my classroom.  Our school is going year round next year and that's simply not something I wish to do.  I love my administration and fellow teachers, it's just time for a change.  My school is 17 miles from my home and on a good day, I make it home in thirty minutes.  However, with the frequency of accidents...some days it's an hour commute home.  After five years, I'm packing up my first classroom and moving up in the district (theoretically...fingers crossed!).  For a few weeks, literally everything I own will be in a box.  That is a tad terrifying. 

I'm taking a class on Monday nights, which eats up more of my free time.  I'm learning a lot which makes it worth while.  Between class, prepping new novels for my small groups and looking at houses, there isn't much free time left over that isn't claimed by sleep.

There's also this not-so-small adorably fuzzy problem:



Crookshanks absolutely, positively loves to help.  She loves to sit on my lap and lick the screen as I blog.  She likes to lay on the papers I'm trying to grade.  She loves to bite the book I'm reading or attack the pen cap as I'm trying to write.  I'm just so lucky to have this zealous helper assisting my every move!

I'm blaming my delays on her helpfulness.

(Yes, I named my furball after Hermione's cat in Harry Potter because that's how I roll!)

No comments:

Post a Comment