Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Summer Break

I'm nearly a full two weeks into summer break, so I thought I'd share some truths:

1) I haven't used my alarm clock in weeks and it feels amazing.  However, I've also found that I'm unable to sleep past 8 am which is a huge bummer.  I don't have kids (yet) that wake me up early, I guess I'm just getting old.

2) Most of the time I don't know the date...or even the day of the week.  I know when the weekends are because that's when my boyfriend doesn't have work...but truthfully, most of the time I couldn't tell you what day of the week it is.  

3) I haven't picked up a book yet.  This truth saddens me, but at the same time, I'm painting my new house so we'll let this one slide.  July, post move-in, I will play catch up with all my reading.

4) I miss my structure and seeing students.  I miss talking about books with my kiddos.  I do not miss writing lesson plans.

5) I alternate between pinning classroom ideas on pinterest and avoiding it like the plague.  I'm excited for next year...but also excited for summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment